[mk_fancy_title style=”true” color=”#41d344″ size=”18″ margin_top=”10″ font_family=”none” align=”center” animation=”top-to-bottom”]SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES[/mk_fancy_title][mk_padding_divider size=”20″]
Nigerian Community in Greater Cleveland (NCGC) announces availability of five (5) college student scholarships, to be awarded for academic excellence and community involvement, in the amount of $500.00 each. Successful applicants will be invited to the award ceremony as special guests of the NCGC. The ceremony will be held in conjunction with the Nigerian Independence Day celebration.
[mk_custom_list title=”ELIGIBILITY” style=”mk-icon-money” animation=”flip-x”]
- Applicants must be Nigerian nationals or born to parent(s) who are Nigerian nationals.
- Applicants must be one of the following full-time students enrolled in an accredited college/university in Northeast Ohio seeking a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree:
- Applicants attending colleges/universities outside Northeast Ohio or within the United States and its territories are eligible to apply ONLY if their parents reside in Northeast Ohio area.
- Applicants must be registered for the semester in which the scholarship was granted (i.e. be registered for the fall semester).
- Previous scholarship award recipients within the last two (2) years will not be considered.
[mk_custom_list title=”Requirements for the awards:” style=”mk-icon-exclamation-circle” animation=”flip-y”]
- Minimum GPA requirement of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate students and graduate students of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale. Other GPA scale systems will be calibrated accordingly.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Essay Topic: “What are some focus areas current and future leaders of Nigeria need to actualize the dream of the nation not only as “the Giant of Africa”, but also a giant in the World? How can you use your education to assist in impacting its’ development in the 21st century?”
- The printed essay must be 3 – 4 typed pages (Font: Times New Roman, 12 point), on 8 ½ x 11 size paper, and double-spaced.
- An accompanying video oratorical presentation of the printed essay in clear spoken English depicting the emotions conveyed in the message without editing and recorded in one take. The oratorical speech should be recited from memory with minimal use of any reminder materials in devices or paper.
- A demonstration of extracurricular activities, as well as, participation in the NCGC is an advantage.
- Submit an application with a copy of the most recent official transcripts (the official transcript must be mailed directly from the school to NCGC Education Committee, on or before the applications deadline. It must be in a sealed stamped envelope).
- Applications for the awards must be made on the standard application form.
- Please, visit NCGC website: www.ncgc.us to download the standard application form or e-mail email@example.com to request a copy to be sent to you.
- Send completed application form and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for the submission of application, oratorical video, and printed essay is Saturday, September 1, 2018.
- Mail official academic transcripts to: Engr. Theophilus E. Okocha, NCGC Education Committee, P. O. Box 181268, Cleveland Heights, OH 44118-7268 or email to email@example.com by Saturday, September 1, 2018.
[mk_custom_list title=”Scholarship Information” style=”mk-icon-file-o” animation=”right-to-left”]